Friday, August 27, 2010
The Percolator scan found in the Bluefin stock scanner, is used to find stocks moving up on above average volume early in the day. It also contains some logic to find stocks with short term weakness and closer to a proper buy point.
It scans across all watch lists and will return all stocks meeting the following conditions:
1. Five Day Growth less than 10%
2. Day 1 Growth less than 4%
3. Day 2 Growth less than 4%
4. Day 3 Growth less than 4%
5. Day 4 Growth less than 4%
6. Volume Surge greater than 50
7. Percent Change greater or equal to 2
Generally, I use this scan in the mornings to find the early movers, where they haven’t yet reached the breakout or volume criteria for some of our other entry signals.